Wednesday, January 17, 2007

FETC changing hands

Hi All,

I just found out that the FETC conference has been acquired by 101 Communications. As you wil see they produce a lot of trade magazines, e newsletters and conferences. They are the T.H. E. Jounal people. I am not sure what this means for these FETC people but I hope that 101 Communications will use their talent because the FETC conference has been very popular over the years. Sure, it doesn't hurt that it is in Orlando in Winter, but anyhoo.

What do you think? is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Jim :-)

ps- My favorite FETC moment was when Todd Oppenheimer addressed an agitated crowd in (help me here) '95 or '96. This was shortly after the publication of "The Computer Delusion" article in the Atlantic monthly. It was, shall we say...... awkward.

No comments: