Thursday, March 24, 2005

Post-NELMS post!

Hi all,

I am assuming that if you made it to this blog page you were at my workshop, "Wikis, Blogs and Podcasts" at the New England League of Middle Schools (NELMS) Conference in Providence, RI, ......or you are on the edtechnot.com mailing list.

Either way, welcome!

I enjoyed hanging around the third floor of the Providence Westin listening to tech workshops given by veteran teachers. Their passion and energy was truly inspiring. The highlight of the conference for me was listening to Mike Muir of the University of Maine describe the learning coming out of the Maine lap top initiative, in which all kids in 7th grade are issued an iBook. So much wisdom is being generated by this large scale expreriment. See the Maine Learning technology Initiative Educators' Site - http://www.mainelearns.org for more.

Another recent ed tech experience for me was the production of my first podcast. If you want to hear me playing the accordian (I'm serious.) Go to ...http://www.edtechnot.com/notpodcasts.html I hope to make more meaningful use of this medium in the near future on this Blog. Special thanks to Gary Stager and David Warlick who assisted me in my struggle to go from iPod to website.

Until next time....Jim :-)

No comments: